Monday, February 23, 2009

Trading Saviors

Breaking, the tears come falling down
I’m laid bare before you now
The worst of me exposed
The shame, too much to bear.

And I’m in need of a savior
Oh, I’m in need of a savior
Well, what do you say?

Hurt and hurting we sit
Our fallibility seeping through
Our laughter turned to silence
Our tender hearts, hardened stone.

And I’m in need of a savior
Oh, I’m in need of a savior
Well, what do you say?

Perspectives, sin, our wounds
Cracked idols, the image of God
Crumbling back to dust
Beneath salvation’s pressure

And you’re in need of a savior
Oh, you’re in need of a savior
Well, it seems you can’t save

How do we move forward
When the wrongs push us down?
How do we love
When trust’s been broken?
How to look to God’s redemption?

Oh, we’re in need of a Savior
Yes, we’re in need of a Savior
And there’s only one Savior
Oh, there’s only one Savior
Jesus, what do You say?

No comments: