Sunday, October 26, 2008

For Your Love: A Psalm of Lament

O Lord, do not hide Yourself from me;
do not be silent forever.
I long for Your voice;
as the ocean caresses the sand,
for Your words to wash over me.
You hover above
and Your lips are sealed.
My vision is blurry
and my ears are deaf.
O God, when will You break through?

I long for Your presence;
the peace Your strength brings,
the delight in Your grace
and the joy in Your love.
When will You come?
According to Your mercy
You will answer me.
You take all those who come
and You remember Your beloved.

O, hear my heart’s longing
and do not delay!
Illuminate my mind
and rescue me from my thoughts.
Look upon me
and act according to Your ever-pursuing love.
There are many lovers who steal people’s gaze;
that those may know Your love
is better than all,
come to me!

You are the God who hears,
the God who acts, the God who speaks.
I will wait, for You will come.
I will delight again in Your love
and will tell of the intoxication of Your presence.
Your love is the water to my thirsty soul
and in You I am happy.
I will praise You
for You have heard and You will come.

No comments: