Friday, October 24, 2008

Modern Day Psalm of Praise

Come with me to sing His praise;
join as one to voice His love.
The stars whisper His grace at night,
the sun awakens us to worship;
so come, let us open our mouths
to sing His praise.

For You, my God, have not forgotten
Your faithfulness to me everyday;
grace to sustain and keep me close,
Your redemptive hand at work
in me.

You alone have a relentless love;
You alone remain to pursue.
O love that mind cannot confine,
But stretches to the depth
of my being!
And love that still surprises me!

O let us worship Him with our lips;
let us dance for Him with our lives.
He alone has come;
He alone is strong for salvation.
To Him alone give your heart;
on Christ alone fix your gaze.

Only His love is pure
and complete with good intent;
only His love can redeem.
Oh, let us sing with the sun
and dance with the moon;
to worship the God of love
with our being.

No comments: